Come travel with me to...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summer Already!

  

photo.JPG

The Semester is almost over and this has been a great one. Before starting this semester I was not sure if Western was the right place for me to get my degree from. I have been so into Biology and nature my whole life so environmental studies was a great direction for me to go. Nature and Society was my first environmental class and I am so glad that I took it because otherwise this time next year I would have been in Lansing attending Michigan State. 
I am so happy with all the opportunities that I have been given in this class and being able to relate to people in my class. I have been able to discover Kalamazoo even more and see some of the great places around here. I actually recently discovered the trails around Asylum Lake last week and they are awesome. The first day I walked through them, I came back later that day and had a great run . I have been trying to find good spots to run that are more natural and away from the busy roads of Kalamazoo. This spot will now be my new running destination and a great place to spend an hour with some true nature.
photo.JPG
SHINGO!
I am excited for the summer because I recently have gotten a new addition to my pack. My boyfriend and I adopted a 4 months old puppy last week from SPCA in Kalamazoo. He is a Shepherd mix and he will be a great running partner when he gets use to the leash.


photo.JPG
In addition to my new pup, this summer will be full of work and school but I can't wait to get started working with Cari Delong. I'm sure she will teach me so many things that I will be able to apply to my future career. This opportunity with Cari is all due to our teacher Lynne Heasley inviting her to show her presentation to our class. I am so grateful to this class and I hope that my future ENVS classes will bring great opportunities in the future like this one has.

No comments:

Post a Comment