Come travel with me to...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

350.org

I just viewed the website http://www.350.org/mission and I was a bit amazed. To be honest, I don't personally know many people who know much or care much about the environment and the types of harm we are causing to the earth. Because I don't know people who are concerned about this issue, I haven't been brought up to date     about any of the issues, but 350.org knows all about what is going on. I may be a bit out of the loop, but it is nice to know that there are many people out there that are working hard toward the goal of bringing our CO2 emissions down to be at long-living levels. I believe that we are currently at 388ppm which is above our save zone. Back 200 years ago, our atmosphere contained 275ppm of CO2 which is a good amount. But now with our CO2 emissions so high, we are at risk of life on earth becoming extinct.
        It is a terrible sham that we were given life on this planet to make it strive and appreciate everything that grows naturally and we are destroying it. I feel like a small person on this issue like I thought to myself, "how can I even make a difference if I'm just one person?" But if every person comes together to make more awareness of the issue and start changing their actions, even if just baby steps, it all makes a difference. I may have a small network as of this age of my life but I plan to widen that network and let everyone that I know about this issue that we are facing today.
       I am very interested in getting more involved in events that are coming up in Earth week and I hope to learn more about how I can make difference. I will let everyone know what I have learned to widen the awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment